If you would like to be part of the election committee please contact us. We are seeking 5 SPC Reps and/or active SPC members, one from each learning community, to confirm nominations, assemble the ballot, and tally the votes. Nominees are not allowed to participate on the election committee. These positions would require one virtual orientation meeting before June 26, 2020. Nomination confirmation and ballot assembly would take place from June 26 through June 30, 2020. The election period begins on June 30 and ends July 10, 2020.
The President is the Chief Executive Officer of SPC and shall preside at all meetings of the members and Executive Board. The President may represent SPC at meetings outside the organization or assign a designee as such. The President shall also perform such other duties as assigned by SPC or by the Executive Board; and shall coordinate the work of the Officers and committees of SPC, in order that the purposes and policies of the organization are promoted.
- Preside over all Executive Board meetings and General meetings
- Oversee all members of the Executive Board
- Interact with District leadership
- Primary contact for the organization
The Secretary shall serve as Parliamentarian and Historian of SPC. The Secretary shall record, submit for approval and publish the minutes of all the Executive Board and General Meetings; will preserve all records, books, documents, and communications of SPC and perform such other duties as assigned by the President or Executive Board.
- Take minutes at all Executive Board meetings and General meetings
- Work with President to create meeting schedules and agenda
- Create “takeaways” for each general meeting
The Treasurer shall oversee the finances of the Scottsdale Parent Council and will keep a full and accurate account of receipts in accordance with the budget adopted by the Executive Committee. The Treasurer shall present a financial report at each general meeting and prepare a written annual budget for Executive Committee approval at the first General Meeting.
- Collect annual Member School donations
- Maintain all financial operations
- Assist Secretary when needed
- Maintain budget and provide the monthly budget report to the Executive Board
VP of School Representatives
Vice President(s) of SPC Representatives serves as Chairperson for SPC Representatives and performs the duties assigned by the President or Executive Board in as much as it furthers the purpose of SPC.
- Reach out to the principal at each SUSD school to secure the appointment of two parents/guardians to serve as SPC Representatives. Assist with recruitment if necessary.
- Provide an orientation to the SPC Reps about expectations and the tools available to them.
- Attend SPC general meetings, greet attendees and maintain attendance records
- Communicate to Reps with meeting reminders, marketing materials and summaries
- Point of contact to Reps for questions and concerns
VP of Outreach
Vice President(s) of Outreach serves as Chairperson for Outreach and performs the duties assigned by the President or Executive Board in as much as it furthers the purpose of SPC.
- Increase General Membership and Volunteerism
- Point person for schools requesting assistance or collaboration
- Works with Executive Board to engage the greater community and build relationships with city and community organizations
- Works with Executive Board to expand membership to reflect the diversity of our SUSD community
Previous Projects include:
- Implementation of an intergenerational tutoring program between Yavapai Elementary and the Granite Reef Senior Center
- Facilitation of PTO/APT/school leader roundtables to promote valuable information sharing between campuses
- Coordinating volunteers for various events that support our schools such as school carnivals, City of Scottsdale Back to School Event, etc
- Management of SUSD’s sister school program
VP of Programming
Vice President(s) of Programming serves as Chairperson for Programming and performs the duties assigned by the President or Executive Board in as much as it furthers the purpose of SPC.
- Work with the Executive Board to develop the programming for the monthly SPC General meetings
- Book guests and presenters for General meetings
- Oversee logistics of General meetings
VP of Advocacy
Vice President(s) of Advocacy serves as Chairperson for Advocacy and performs the duties assigned by the President or Executive Board in as much as it furthers the purpose of SPC.
- Provide information to members on state legislation regarding education
- Provide information regarding school board elections
- Identify and utilize partnerships with other organizations that will help support our members and schools
- Facilitate nonpartisan events to inform and educate voters on issues affecting SUSD students and stakeholders
VP of Communications
The VP of Communications is responsible for updating and monitoring SPC’s communications policies, social networking accounts, and electronic discussion groups, as well as recommending new ways for the SPC to communicate with its members and other interested parties through alternative media.
The Communications Committee is also responsible for regularly updating and marketing information about SPC activities, SPC Meetings, outreach, and news updates.
- Create marketing graphics and flyers for all SPC activities
- Promote SPC events, as well as SUSD and community events that support our mission
- Maintain SPC social media accounts and facilitate online discussion groups
- Compile information and draft the monthly SPC email newsletter and upload to the website
- Maintain the SPC website with up-to-date information
*Each VP has the discretion to build a committee of volunteers to support the position. The VP is responsible for delegating responsibilities to committee volunteers.
Please check back often for updates and added information.