The Programming Committee is responsible for the overall coordination of the content of programs for the monthly general meetings.
- Increase the knowledge, participation, and partnership of parents/guardians by identifying programming needs to educate and inform family members about trends and best practices in child and adolescent well-being, PK12 education, as well as SUSD district and school structures, governance, funding, and opportunities for their child(ren).
Activities may include:
- Select dates for the monthly general meetings to be approved by the executive board
- Work with executive board members to ensure that a cohesive theme for the programming is developed, the general programming is districtwide in scope and aligned with the mission and purpose of SPC.
- Survey district parents and guardians about topics they would like to explore with SPC
- Collaborate with the district leadership to plan strategically to inform and educate parents and guardians about district policies, organization, processes, structure and budget
- Recommend pro bono/or those professional speakers who will lower their fee for the executive board to consider, for future SPC monthly meetings or special programming
- Project manage special events and general monthly SPC meeting
- Identifying presenters for each meeting
- Ensuring that the topics and speakers are appropriate and provide an overall flow between topics.
- Securing the required facilities, equipment and support for general meetings
- Work with Communications Committee to promote events to parents and throughout the district
- Follow-up with presenters after the meeting as needed
- Volunteer at events/meetings (videography, photography)
If you are interested in volunteering for programming, please click here.