Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
Scottsdale Parent Council is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion. The role of the Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Committee is to actively outreach, engage, educate and empower SUSD stakeholders to make sure every voice and perspective is fairly represented and heard.
Potential actions may include:
- Providing materials or events in multiple languages
- Conducting outreach, networking and events focused on the specific needs and opportunities related to the circumstances of families with children in foster care; or inner-city urban, rural or suburban families; or immigrant, refugee or homeless families
- Conducting outreach, networking, and events designed to engage multicultural communities, including African American families, Hispanic/Latino families, Asian American families, American Indian/Alaska Native families, Pacific Islander American families, families involved in foster care, and families with LGTBQ members
- Hosting or participating in diversity summits, town halls or community gatherings devoted to children’s educational success and well-being
- Working with the standing committees to assure a diverse perspective representatives of all stakeholders is considered when making decisions.
Contact: Lpalles@scottsdaleparentcouncil.org, email@example.com